Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Shield TV Support

1. #1 Nvidia Shield TV Support 
    OK guys, looks like I will be able to provide some input on Nvidia Support of the Shield TV. I have two. Unfortunately, one of them went kaput this morning. Worked last night, came down this morning and turned on the TV, it was at the same screen from prior night. Clicked back to home screen, got into Hulu, started a video, then it powered off. Unplugged, got back to Hulu, started video again, powered off. Only this time, the green light comes on for about 5 seconds and then shuts off. Have tried various outlets to no avail. Starts to boot then dies. Tried a hard reset with PC, still no go, won't stay on long enough for PC to recognize.

Got online and chatted with Nvidia support, using chat was a bit of a pain but we got thru it AND i was able to dig up my Amazon receipt and take a photo of the serial from the box and the back of device (which was a pain as the font is TINY AS SH*t and dark). However, i was able to upload a pdf of the receipt, and the two photos of the serial number right from the chat and they said they had everything to replace the box. Now i am just waiting for the return department (the analyst said he had to turn the info over to another group for the return) to contact me at this point. Will update with more detail as it comes it. This is what you pay a little extra for, it the device goes bye-bye hopefully you get it replaced.

UPDATE:
    Just got an email saying i was approved for replacement and now am waiting for an RMA confirmation. Will update again when everything actually comes through. This is good so far, one day to chat and get set up for a replacement.
    Last edited by chinbone; 10-26-2016 at 07:15 PM.

MUCH LUCK CHIN we all love our SHIELDS

Another update just received an email from Nvidia with a tracking number saying they are shipping out a replacement system today.

Great news yes the Shield might cost more but they stand by the product glad you got a good outcome

Received updated RMA email and also got prepaid label to return bad unit. Now that's service my friends!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chinbone For This Useful Post:

steve43 (10-29-2016)

GREAT DAY, replacement shield came in today, and it was a full package, cables and game controller too. I would've been happy with just the box. When my daughter goes to bed I can set it up on the TV and make sure everything works.

Good for you chin

Unfortunate update. My replacement shield fell victim to the same issue as the original. But again this is why you go with known brand, got online with them again via chat, 10 minutes later, got RMA and another shield coming to replace it. Yes you don't want a product to go bad but it happens. At least nvidia supports the product in both firmware updates and replacements if needed.

thumbs up my friend still say you get what you pay for hope this takes care of your problem

They got my return today, just waiting on the tracking number for the replacement! Here's hoping for the 2ng gen console!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast