Notices

Thread: XBMC for Minix or Kodi?

1. #1 XBMC for Minix or Kodi? 
    I was just wondering if it is better to use either xbmc for minux on my minix neo u1 with came already installed or download Kodi from the play store.Is one any better than the other to use or are both equally as good.

Anybody please??

don't know what came on your device, but if it still says xbmc, upgrade to kodi from play store. they are the same software. name was changed couple of years ago to kodi. sometimes the manufacturers will take whatever version was current at the time and 'brand' it as their own internal player. to make sure you are current, just go with play store.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chinbone For This Useful Post:

gucci (01-19-2017)

It came preinstalled with an app call XBMC For Minix.I realize the name changed a couple years ago to Kodi.I have an apple tv 2 and an ouya and both have Kodi on them.

I own 2 of the MINIX boxes, and I have found the XBMC version they ship with to be very stable for the most part. I have a generic box that I have both Kodi and XBMC on, and I find better luck using XBMC most or the time. There have been some recent updates to Jarvis that have caused issues with some of the plugins. The ZEN Plugin has stopped working on all of my boxes in the last 2 days. Time to rollback the sodtware, and turn off auto updates for a while.