Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shield

1. #1 shield 
    hi guys
    need help real bad I bought shield tv about 2 months ago worked fine until about 2 weeks ago and now I just wanna toss it pissed of I bought the 16 gig and now every 10 seconds I get a pop up unfortunately shield controller stopped working so today I got the remote from amazon still the same pop up so frustrated what is my options to fix this? any help is appreciated
    thank you matt
    ready to throw it out

Hi first off the Shield is great hardware so you made a good choice .OK that being said anything electronic can go bad sorry you are having a problem let me ask you a few things have you had any power outages lightning storms ? these can cause power spikes and surges that can cause damage to internal components .Now seeing as you now have the controller and remote both are giving you the error i would say it is the shield itself could be software or hardware so what I would say is first do a factory restore so the unit is back to the way it was out of the box here is how How Can I Reset SHIELD Android TV to Factory Settings? | NVIDIA if you still get the error I would then contact shield support https://shield.nvidia.com/support if that fails it sounds like you are well within your warranty period so no worries Nvidia is very good at replacing faulty hardware I have been building and repairing computers for over 30 years and have dealt with them many times they stand behind there products .One last thing please check for any software or firmware updates and let me know how you make out hope this helps you

3. #3 shield 
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyrhino View Post
    Hi first off the Shield is great hardware so you made a good choice .OK that being said anything electronic can go bad sorry you are having a problem let me ask you a few things have you had any power outages lightning storms ? these can cause power spikes and surges that can cause damage to internal components .Now seeing as you now have the controller and remote both are giving you the error i would say it is the shield itself could be software or hardware so what I would say is first do a factory restore so the unit is back to the way it was out of the box here is how How Can I Reset SHIELD Android TV to Factory Settings? | NVIDIA if you still get the error I would then contact shield support https://shield.nvidia.com/support if that fails it sounds like you are well within your warranty period so no worries Nvidia is very good at replacing faulty hardware I have been building and repairing computers for over 30 years and have dealt with them many times they stand behind there products .One last thing please check for any software or firmware updates and let me know how you make out hope this helps you
    thanks for the quick reply awesome and no there was no storms I will do factory reset within a couple days again thank you will let you know

No problem I wish you good luck

got it done rhino sorry to say the same thing man thanks for the help bud much appreciated gotta see where I go from here
    thank you
    matt

Contact tech support they will trouble shoot it and replace it

ok thanks will do

hi rhino I got it working after resetting it twice but without the controller and remote using the key board see how it goes with this maybe i'll just stick with that

thanks
    matt

Glad to hear it I would still call tech support you paid for a product it should work

hi rhino thought I give you an update on my shield to think I almost threw this in the garbage until I posted on this forum I had no receipt no proof of purchase what so ever so I did what you told me to contact customer care and I did I talked to them and after a couple of emails they sent me the prepaid label it doesn't get any better then this those guys are awesome i'll have my new shield on Monday they shipped it out on Thursday I just wanna say thanks for telling me to call them.
    thank you
    matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast