Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best system for Kodi

1. #1 The best system for Kodi 
    Hello! I'm new at this and I'm thinking of investing in a system to use kodi. Is nvidia shield the best?

Hands down nvidia shield tv is tops I own several different boxes and run it on pc love my shield

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    Hello! I'm new at this and I'm thinking of investing in a system to use kodi. Is nvidia shield the best?
    If you plan for gaming then YES, But if you just want it for streaming Kodi its WAY over Kill ! for the $$$
    One HTPC with HDhomeRun on Comcast 3 tuners with MCEbuddy
    Two Raspberry Pi-1 and six Raspberry Pi-2's which work great with PTVL
    4 STB Vigica dvb-s2 FTA with 8' C-band and 3' ku band
    1 STB Vigica ATSC OTA
    Been at this since the first PC came out and before DOS 1.0 and OS2
    I have forgotten more then you KNOW !

But another thing to remember the older cheaper hardware will in time not take advantage of new KODI features the shield will live for many more years many android boxes cannot even upgade to the latest android builds just my 2 cents

5. #5 will fire TV be ok to run Kodi? Not looking for gaming. 
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyrhino View Post
    But another thing to remember the older cheaper hardware will in time not take advantage of new KODI features the shield will live for many more years many android boxes cannot even upgade to the latest android builds just my 2 cents
    will fire TV be ok to run Kodi? Not looking for gaming.

I would say at this point no amazon is starting to kill apps with updates if you wanna stay on the cheap go with a straight android box even if you do not want to game for shear power the shield is tops and will be for a long time to come sometimes going the cheapest rout is not the best or smartest in the long run.Keep in mind the fire stick was made to run movies for pay and prime people are bypassing there front loaded file system making them lose money something to think about just my two cents
    Last edited by heavyrhino; 04-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyrhino View Post
    I would say at this point no amazon is starting to kill apps with updates if you wanna stay on the cheap go with a straight android box even if you do not want to game for shear power the shield is tops and will be for a long time to come sometimes going the cheapest rout is not the best or smartest in the long run.Keep in mind the fire stick was made to run movies for pay and prime people are bypassing there front loaded file system making them lose money something to think about just my two cents
    I suspect the same, Amazon is going to do something, figured it was with the new firestick, but they appear to be the same.
    Like all the pirate TV systems prior, it will get to the point where someone will start shutting it down, until them Amazon is enjoying the high rate of FireTV sales.

I'm on the fence between a Shield and a Mi Box ... I have no interest in gaming, so any point in spending an extra 100?

Please keep in mind the shield well handle all android updates for years to come that can not be said of a lot of android boxes

If you're not playing pick something else. Kodi keeps crashing quite offten in Shield. Specially after playing Real Racing Kodi crashes every time at least once but often many times when trying to log in or immediately after succesfull log in. Sometimes only reboot helps.

If you choose something Chinese take Xiaomi Mi or at least something with 2Gb /16Gb. If it doesn't has to be Android, Kodi seems to work really well in my Tronsmart Win 10 PC (Intel Cherry trail x5 8500/2Gb/64Gb.) I paid 90 for it and it's good quality and more usefull to other tasks as well. I'm running Plex server/Ispy server with 3cameras/and local file server with no problem while using Kodi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast