Notices

Thread: Android box for non-HDMI output (older tv)

1. #1 Android box for non-HDMI output (older tv) 
    I'm looking for suggestions of android based streaming boxes (will put KODI on it if not already there) that have an output option to go to the older red/white/yellow RCA-type plugs? I have an older tv that I'd like to hook up to a box but the limitations on the inputs on the TV is causing some hardships. I've seen some of the MXQ brand boxes that have an 'AV' output but not sure if I can take advantage of that and use an adapter plug to get the RCA plugs for the output connections.

Thanks.

Steve

I guess I could maybe use one of the HDMI2AV converter devices. Was hoping for a simpler solution.

hdmi2av converter | eBay

Search for tv boxes on ali express and specify if in the search analog output or rca jacks

The converter is probably the simplest solution. That way you can get a better box down the road and still use the converter with it.
    Last edited by NYIslanders; 01-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NYIslanders For This Useful Post:

sneeland (01-26-2016)

Or join the 2000's and connect the box to a newer TV!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sneeland View Post
    Or join the 2000's and connect the box to a newer TV!

Thanks!
    Yes great idea, I didn't want to hurt the kids feelings though.

All kidding aside we threw out a perfectly good 36 inch sony tv that weighed near 100 lbs, geez it was a fine tv too. Put an ad in Craigslist for 25 bucks and no one wanted it.

The dual core MX and the quad core MXq normally come with the lead to connect the jack on the box to the AV; yellow / Red / White

Hello, I came across this site whilst trying to solve the above problem. I got an android/kodi box for Xmas but I still have one of the last old style TVs with only scart inputs. We thought it would work by connecting the jack plug into the box, and plugging the A/V red/white/yellow into a scart adapter plug but unfortunately this does not appear to work. Should it work? If so the adapter must be broken. If not Is there a way I could build a hdmi to scart cable? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Steve. I have just figured out how to play it through the a/V leads. Try both the red and white plugs in the yellow terminal. This worked with mine following a suggestion. I had mucked about for hours looking for cables and advice. This simple solution solved it and the film quality is brilliant although the interface is grainy, once you set a film away the quality is excellent. Please try this. Regards. Craig.