Notices

Thread: MXV+ not worth crap.

1. #1 MXV+ not worth crap. 
    I was hoping for some help but I think this box isn't helpable.
    I've had this box for awhile and it doesn't seem like anything can be erased or programmed on it. it's a preloaded kodi box. has a bunch of super repo addons, ******, ******** etc. but nothing will update although updates are set to automatic. if you try to force an update the box reboots and nothing has changed,. I think these boxes are really bad. they seem to be locked up. if you try to uninstal an addon the uninstal is greyed out so you can't even uninstal it. so basically you can't do anything with these boxes and all the addons that are installed are all out of date. the firmware is kodi16 so that's ok.
    the reset button on the side doesn't seem to do anything and you can't get into a recovery with it either. anyone have any idea about this or used these boxes? they look not to bad but that's about it.
    thxs,
    bigdogeh.

All android boxes work problem is you were taken in by a person trying to make a fast buck selling you free software go to the manufactures website and see if you can get the latest firmware it will not have all that bloat ware installed then program it yourself many of us try very hard to stop people from buying this pre loaded crap

Hi heavyrhino
    I only bought it for the box with the idea of wiping it and putting my own stuff on. the preloaded stuff is usually crap anyways. I've done a few different boxes like that. only bought it really since it was fairly cheap, a quadcore and android latest 5.2. but I don't think you can really do anything with them. even if I did get another firmware for it the reset pin doesn't bring it into recovery. It doesn't do anything. I would be interested if anyone else has this box and has run into the same issues. this is the box.
    If I could get it into recovery I'd start looking for an openelec firmware that might be compatible...
    MXV+ Amlogic S905 TV BOX 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0

If I could figure out how to ssh into this box I could probably change permissions to the OS files and make the changes. I would think they must have permissions locked up on the files.

iS this MXV+ anything like an MXQ Quad Core?
    I just purchased a similar box (I think). It has Android 4.4.2 Kitkia...and has Kodi preinstalled. Haven't opened it yet. Just want some insight...
    Here's the link for the box from China: "http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAEB3XD7407"