Notices

Thread: Mx2

1. #1 Mx2 
    Ok was having problems (errors) so did a factory reset, put a 1.6 file and a image on a SD all loaded good. Put Jarvis on via zip file would start go blank. Then downloaded from the play store would not run. Loaded another zip and got errors when I tried fresh start and config runs. Tried to load error log and what get error. Have 3 and this is the oldest Mx2. Going to try again with a Jarvis zip form hear. Got all my files from the Matricom site if that's what you want to call for the 1.2 update. Tried everything and no go. Any suggestions? Thanks. Sorry for the bla bla........Going to try 1.2.2 while I'm waiting for any reply
    Last edited by REDOC; 08-17-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: ADD

Could be your old hardware does not meet the requirements try an older ver of kodi

Yea I finally got it loaded again and got the wizard up but nothing will load....errors. Even errors on the the error log read errrrrrr. Yea I thought I read it does not like the newer versions of Kodi. Will back it down....Thanks for your help. Stupid how they would include a Kodi version on the firmware update that it would not even run.

UPDATE: Loaded 14.0 then ran config wizard setup. Cablecutter all over my screen looks good but not one app will run. Got some broken links and errors and error log won't even run. I Give Up.
    Last edited by REDOC; 08-17-2016 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Add

if you have a matricom mx2, I would remove the current rom and install the most current version of OpenElec (which is essentially Kodi being used as the operating system). I did this with mine and it works well. Installing OpenELEC (XBMC @ 1080p) on the G-Box MX2 | Matricom ? G-Box Android TV Box ? Kodi / XBMC Player

the one I used was built from 15.2, not sure if they have gotten to 16.1 yet.