Notices

Thread: favorite custom Kodi build ?

1. #1 favorite custom Kodi build ? 
    I have had kodi for a while but left it as it was and just added stuff to it..

The other day I stumbled across the "beast" build and tried it..it was okay but harder to navigate so I looked some more.

Found SpinzTV and liked it but I kept having issues when trying to install on my other stick. I tried to install it on my new MiBox android box and gave up. Too many videos of install and not same or when I follow the directions it doesnt work. I cant find the one page I used that worked the other 2 times..

so now I am using "PULSE" which seems to be like Spinz. easy to use and much more colorful than stock Kodi build. makes it all look more professional.

what are you guys using?

i would recommend staying away from these 'builds' as you do not know what other code has been put into them. go with the standard install and use the wizard from the t v a dd ons . ag site. thats all you need. keep in mind, this site does not support third party addons. the site that maintains the wizard will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by chinbone View Post
    i would recommend staying away from these 'builds' as you do not know what other code has been put into them. go with the standard install and use the wizard from the t v a dd ons . ag site. thats all you need. keep in mind, this site does not support third party addons. the site that maintains the wizard will do that.
    I was just asking but never mind. the particular build I am using has over 5 million downloads from areswizard fyi

My friend they are bloatware custom addons are for people that do not know how to install what they really want or do not want to learn.Listen to chin bone all those will do is slow your box to a crawl learn to do it I swear it is very easy.Once again give a man a fish he can eat for a day teach him to fish and he can eat forever. The easy way is not always the best way

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heavyrhino For This Useful Post:

Ken8521 (01-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyrhino View Post
    My friend they are bloatware custom addons are for people that do not know how to install what they really want or do not want to learn.Listen to chin bone all those will do is slow your box to a crawl learn to do it I swear it is very easy.Once again give a man a fish he can eat for a day teach him to fish and he can eat forever. The easy way is not always the best way
    I understand what you mean. I had my own install until now. but I like some of these modified builds. they do have some add ons I didnt know of and seems to run fine on my new Mi Box android box.

but I understand. its not that I dont want to learn...I am still learning.

Everyone starts out new it is just with some boxes they just do not have the space and power and can cause problems also the crooks that are selling pre installed boxes are going to kill this hobby .

Wookie build is fantastic been using it for a while no problems with it so far