Notices

Thread: Nexbox A95x or Amazon Fire stick?

1. #1 Nexbox A95x or Amazon Fire stick? 
    Ive been running the fire stick for over a year. built a few for friends / family now. I was going to build a few more when I discovered they are in short supply these days.

so then I went looking for alternative and purchased a Nexbox A95x based on a few reviews.

So I am only really wanting to run the A95x for Kodi. I figured at first why not have a device that is not tied to Amazon cause I dont use it.

I use kodi , netflix , and my son uses some Sling and Hulu...

is this box going to work? I dont know all the ins/outs of these things. I can build firesticks no issues...I just thought maybe these might be an improvement because they come in bigger boxes and has better remote options..

im going to test out the A95x ...Id like to get a minix neo u1 or similar $100-150 range box next after I try out the cheap box

Wouldn't worry about an expensive box go buy Specs. Android boxes are generic for a reason they're all the same I wouldn't spend any more than fifty or sixty dollars on a generic box end of story unless you're looking for support from the company and warranty that's the only reason to spend a few extra dollars. The only time the extra cost is worth it is in Nvidia Shield TV or Amazon Fire TV right now the next best thing which is getting pretty good reviews would be the xiaomi Mi-TV which is an Android TV based product similar to Nvidia Shield

The Shield is $199 Amazon Fire TV is $99 and the xaiomi mi TV is $69 at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by chinbone View Post
    The Shield is $199 Amazon Fire TV is $99 and the xaiomi mi TV is $69 at Walmart

so the walmart box is okay? i just found out about that one from here I think.....

if its easy enough to install kodi on it then I will go with the Mi Tv for my home unit to replace my firesticks
    Last edited by gentlejax; 01-09-2017 at 08:03 PM.

went and picked up one. I like it as far as build. looks great.. working on kodi now .

I am liking this new Mi Box. its tiny but weighs way more than the firestick. havnt had much time to play with it but I will tonight. anyone looking to get away from Amazon should consider this one.

so nobody has used the Nexbox A95x ? I got them in today. bought a few for people who want me to make them a streaming box.

about to power one up and see what it has and where it needs to be .

I got one for Christmas but am -savy on
    them. Reason why I registered here to learn at least the basics.