Notices

Thread: Adding to someone's Add-On or creating my own add-On?

1. #1 Adding to someone's Add-On or creating my own add-On? 
    I'm still fairly new to the Forums, so I hope I am in the correct place to be asking this. I have a huge movie collection and an even larger music collection. Please help me by telling me is there anyway I can either of these to an already existing Add-On or would it be better and easier for me to create my own Add-on? If it involves doing any programming, then I will not be able to do it. I have no experience about writing my own program since I was in High school, some 30 years ago. However, with my mass music collection of over 116,000 songs not including the ones I will be adding when I add my vinyl collection of over 1,000 albums, I would like to share what I have with you all.

Also, I do have some movies that I cannot find on any of the Add-On sites that I would like to upload so that others may watch them including some full Concerts of various artists.

Please reply and let me know which would be the best route for me to take. Or if anyone that already has an Add-On would like to take my music and movies and use them on their already established Add-On, Please let me know.

I Will also need assistance in setting up and doing whatever you insist that I do.

Regards,

Eric

From the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS,

THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!

ROLL TIDE!

You need to set up a server to store the data then use PLEX media server software

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heavyrhino For This Useful Post:

Llchevyman (12-12-2016)

4. #3 tHANK YOU FOR THEQUICK REPLY! 
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyrhino View Post
    You need to set up a server to store the data then use PLEX media server software
    Thank you Rhino for the quick reply, as always. I will have to study up on "plex" to see if I am able to accomplish something like that.

On a different note, I still have not gotten my Wifi set up correctly. If i plug it in, I get a full signal. I just can't figurre out how to set it up as an extender from the main router. I have contacted both At&t, whcich is the main router and LinkSys, which it going to be my extender. They both say it can't be done, but I am getting a full signal from my main router. I just cant figure out how to set it up so I can get internet access onto my iPhone and my Laptop. I will have a friend come and set it up for me.

Thank you again for all of your help. If I don't hear back from you or talk to you again soon, you and your family have a Merry Christmas! That goes to every one else on here also! Stay safe. You will be in my prayers, kind sir!