Notices

Thread: Quick Start Guide for Amazon Fire TV (Second Generation)

1. #1 Quick Start Guide for Amazon Fire TV (Second Generation) 
    Team CABLE CUTTERS Staff Svarog's Avatar
    CONNECTING AMAZON FIRE TV

1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable (not included) into the HDMI port on Amazon Fire TV. Connect the other end into the HDMI port on your TV.
    2. Plug the included power cable into Amazon Fire TV and then into a power outlet.
    3. Turn on your TV, and select the appropriate input.
    4. Insert the included batteries into the remote. If the remote does not automatically connect, make sure that the batteries are properly installed.

Amazon Fire TV is now connected to your TV.

Simply follow the on-screen guide to complete your set up.

TIPS

• If your TV does not display the Amazon Fire TV welcome screen, please make sure that your TV’s input matches the physical connection used with Amazon Fire TV.
    • Always replace dead batteries with new 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiMH rechargeable batteries.

CONNECTING AMAZON FIRE TV TO YOUR HOME NETWORK

You can connect Amazon Fire TV to your network using one of the methods below:

Wired network

1. Connect one end of an Ethernet cable (not included) to your router. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of Amazon Fire TV.
    2. Amazon Fire TV will automatically detect your network and continue the set up process.

OR

Wi-Fi network

1. Using the remote control, select your network from the list displayed on the screen. If your network is hidden, enter your network name.
    2. If required, enter your network password using the on-screen keyboard.

TIP

• For optimal performance, place your Amazon Fire TV in an open cabinet or shelf.

REGISTERING YOUR AMAZON FIRE TV

If you purchased your Amazon Fire TV online from Amazon.com using your Amazon account, it is already registered to you.

If you received your Amazon Fire TV as a gift or it is not yet registered, please follow the on-screen instructions to register
    your device.

FOR MORE HELP

For more troubleshooting tips, visit Amazon.co.uk

I suspect this site might be a little over my head, but I'll look through it anyway ??

Beware of the WIFI signal not strong enough to setup !

Firesticks are very very sketchy when setting up to far from a router. When possible at least set it up in the same room. Afterwards you can move it away to another room. But not to far ! They do have bad reception on wifi and if you have any cordless phones in the home running on 2.4ghz and 5.0 ghz you really need wifi then look into the old 900 MHz or the new 6.0 which really is 1.9ghz

Another Tip:
    Not all TV HDMI inputs behave the same with the Fire TV.
    I have a Sony Bravia 40" LED with two HDMI inputs. HDMI 1 is connected to my Desktop PC. I connected Fire TV to HDMI 2. Everything worked fine on HDMI 2 during the setup. Once it finished setup, the screen went blank. I don't understand why the TV is in 720p now when it should have detected the 1080. My TV model doesn't allow me to force 1080 mode. Swap PC and Fire TV. HDMI 2 displays 1080 from PC without any problems. HDMI 1 displays 1080 from Fire TV without any problems.

If you run into this problem, don't think your Fire TV has bricked until you check it out on other HDMI inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswindle View Post
    Another Tip:
    Not all TV HDMI inputs behave the same with the Fire TV.
    I have a Sony Bravia 40" LED with two HDMI inputs. HDMI 1 is connected to my Desktop PC. I connected Fire TV to HDMI 2. Everything worked fine on HDMI 2 during the setup. Once it finished setup, the screen went blank. I don't understand why the TV is in 720p now when it should have detected the 1080. My TV model doesn't allow me to force 1080 mode. Swap PC and Fire TV. HDMI 2 displays 1080 from PC without any problems. HDMI 1 displays 1080 from Fire TV without any problems.

If you run into this problem, don't think your Fire TV has bricked until you check it out on other HDMI inputs.
    ........Good advice...I had similar problems with programming regularly stopping and screen blanking out (while audio cont'd)...I swapped HDMI ports with a Fire Stick and all is well...[/B]