Notices
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloning FTV stick?

Not yet, I need to get one. I was waiting for it to go on sale over at Amazon products but it never did go on sale. I just buy one locally. All my stick are gen 1's, I have them set to auto update and every time I turn one on and check it, it say's Last Checked on that same day, but comr to think about it, I don't recall ever seeing last updated. I am sure it has I just never really look that close until now. I am on OC 5.2.1.1. on all my sticks.

Maybe they will have the gen 2's in the store near this week or even after Christmas will be fine. I just wanted to give it a try. I would even get a gen 1 if they were on sale the quad core from what I heard only makes them a little faster, not double that of the gen 1's dual core. Everything else is the same, but the Alexa. I found a pretty cool tud, if you want check it out. The guy actually pretty funny while he is explaining some tip. You probably already know them but here's the link. Maybe you're niece will like it, if you don't mind his language...

OK on your Box, glad that went good, sounds like it is laid out a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11pE...pTEKRmyvLD-v_w
    Last edited by Gary777; 12-16-2016 at 11:13 PM.

This is how the new home screen looks.

The menu is right at the top of the screen with Home in yellow/orange, just above BOSCH.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sandra51 For This Useful Post:

Gary777 (12-17-2016)

Very nice..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary777 For This Useful Post:

sandra51 (12-17-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by sandra51 View Post
    Have you got the new software update for your stick yet Gary ?

My Fire TV Box auto updated itself on Thursday evening and the new home screen looks good
    There is no longer a left hand side menu, instead you scroll left to right along the top of the screen.

I just tried my niece's first gen Fire Stick that I am waiting for her to collect but that is still on its old software and will not update when I click on check for updates.

I have seen somewhere that the first gen boxes and sticks will get their updates over the next couple of months.
    Hi Sandra, still waiting for the new Firesticks to be restocked. When I get the new stick do I need to put kodi on it first, then clone/restore the sd card, or will it also clone/restore kodi too?

Hi Gary,
    You need to have Kodi on it first then it can overwrite your cloned data to it.

So the easiest way that I have found is to use the ADBLink program to send the firestopper apk to it then when you open that on the Firestick you can go to updates and it will say there is an update to Kodi available and will download it and install it for you.

Once it has been installed and run once go into the firestick's settings then in applications then Kodi then click on close it, as ADBlink needs Kodi to not be running to clone the data to it.

Hope you have a Happy New Year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12